Cookies Consent GDPR Plugin
This is a plugin I made to install on clients websites for the GDPR that came into effect on 25th May 2018.
It's a simple plugin and requires very little input from the developer. You simply need to be using jQuery 1.9.1 or later, Bootstrap 3 or later and FontAwesome 4 or later.
- Download the zip file here, which contains a JS file, a CSS file and a cookie icon SVG.
- Open the JS file and amend the nine variables at the top of the document;
- prefix - this is used to prefix all the cookie names. Ideally you'd use your company name followed by an underscore but it's your choice
- company_name - pretty self explanatory for this one
- landing_text - this is the text that appears when you open the cookie modal. I'd suggest you use it to explain cookies in general and why you use them
- analytical_text, advertising_text and user_created_text - this is the text where you should explain which cookies use this and why you need them
- cookie_expiration - you can either specify a datetime or a time based on when the use clicks accept
- if_not_advertising_cookies and if_not_analytical_cookies - here's the important part! If a user declines a specific set of cookies, we need to block them. So add to this array a list of cookies you DON'T want to display if a user decides to opt out. I've included the common Google ones.
- Link the JS and CSS files to your base file and away you go!
If you have any issues, feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org